R.I.P. SOCIETY LONG WEEKEND NEWSLETTER
- RECORD STORE DAY: I get why this day could be viewed with a great deal of cynicism due to the amount of rubbish that the major labels re-package, clogging up pressing plants for the majority of the year blah blah blah. BUT let’s remember what this day should be about: Celebrating the independent record store and them being some type of vehicle for counter culture, a safe haven for the independent music culture etc. R.I.P. Society will be giving away records in Repressed Records in Sydney and Polyester Records in Melbourne to anyone that purchase 2 or more independent local releases. Some out of print goodies and distro items I realised I had a spare copy of. If there is a record store in your area that doesn’t sell the exact same shit as every other record store drop in. Or just go next week? If I was in Philly I would go see Watery Love and The Strapping Fieldhands at The Record Exchange.
- Friday: Rat Columns, Woollen Kits and Bad Family upstairs at The Tote, Melbourne. Rat Columns are the next full-length out on this very label. https://soundcloud.com/ripsociety/rat-columns-another-day
- Black Wire Records are doing a series of benefit shows in Sydney this weekend. Look it up, get on down.
- Saturday: Good mates Nun are launching their LP in Melbourne. Sick line-up all round. John Curtin Hotel.
- Sunday: Bed Wettin’ Bad Boys play the sold out Boogie Festival then The John Curtin Hotel, Melbourne with The Stevens, Soma Coma, Hour House.